Immune Boosting Foods
Instead of feeling guilt, spend some time this week focusing on what food can give you: the power to fight infection. If you are trying to make changes on your diet and lifestyle, letting go of the idea that instant weight loss is healthy and will last, you will want to notices more immediate changes in how you feel. Including more immune boosting foods will benefit your health and keep the sniffles at bay.
1. Zinc increase our white blood cells that fight off infection. Look for zinc in lean beef, poultry, pork, yogurt, and milk.
2. Vitamin A keeps our skin healthy, it is our largest organ and should be taken care of. Vitamin A and beta carotene is found in sweet potato, squashes, carrots, and pumpkin. Look for orange colored veggies.
3. Mushrooms are known for their antiviral and antibacterial qualities. It also increases white blood cells to fight infection.
4. Polyphenols kill free radicals, compounds that increase aging by effecting our DNA. Black and green teas are great sources. They also keep you hydrated.
5. Keep the balance of good bacteria in your digestive track with yogurt with live active cultures or probiotics.
Keep yourself of the giving end of a God bless you, not the receiving end.
Tags: , Beta-Carotene, Green tea, Health, Infection, Sweet potato